Baguettes (Bread Machine Recipe)L'Antro dell'Alchimista
Ever think of making your own Baguette? Today is the day to try it! This recipe is for a Baguette made with a Bread Machine. If you own a Bread Machine this is recipe for you! It is pretty easy to follow along. You won't believe how delicious these Baguettes will be. These Baguettes can be used to make a sandwhich or as a side to an excellent Italian pasta dish. Try it yourself!
- 275 milliliters warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 550 grams semolina flour
- 75 grams all-purpose flour
- 3/4 packet active dry yeast
- 1Place the warm water, salt, semolina flour, flour, and the dry yeast in the bread machine and set it to the knead function (approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes).
- 2Remove the dough from the bread machine and divide it into 3 equal pieces, cover them with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- 3Shape the pieces being careful to not overwork the dough, remove any excess flour, press lightly on the dough with your hands giving the dough a square shape. To shape the dough into a baguette, stretch it, roll it up around itself, and pinch it with the tips of your fingers. Then, let the dough rest 10 minutes.
- 4Place the baguettes in a baguette pan or on a baking sheet and let them rest for approximately 60 minutes.
- 5Preheat the oven to 200C.
- 6Make diagonal incisions in the dough with a sharp knife.
- 7Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- 8Remove the bread from the oven and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.