This is often the case when the kids get out of a long day of school and on the hunt for something to eat. This Baguette (Bread Machine Recipe) recipe is the perfect ticket to keep your kids eating healthy but giving them the flavor they are looking for. Let us know about your experience cooking this Baguette (Bread Machine Recipe) recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating.
- 300 grams water (warm)
- 25 grams yeast (fresh brewer’s)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 200 grams durum wheat flour
- 300 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place the water, yeast and sugar in the bread machine bowl, wait a few minutes for the yeast to dissolve.
- Next add the flour and the salt.
- Set the bread machine to the kneading function, approximately 1.5 hours.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface and knead by hand.
- Cut the dough into 4 parts, each weighing approximately 200 grams.
- Roll out each piece of dough with a rolling pin into a rectangle.
- Roll up the rectangle from the longer side, roll it on the work surface to lengthen it to the desired length and place the loaves in the baguette pans or on a floured baking sheet.
- Cover the four loaves with a damp kitchen towel and let them rest in a warm area for approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190C for at least 30 minutes, and before adding the loaves, place a bowl of water in the oven for the humidity.
- Make diagonal incisions in the loaves with a sharp knife and sprinkle with flour.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool the loaves on a wire rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.