Sometimes when you are scouring through recipes to find the perfect one that will satisfy your sweet tooth and put smiles on your loved ones faces. This recipe for Bagels combines three perfectly paired ingredients with a decadent and hearty taste that will leave your guests satisfied. The Bagels recipe is a smooth and rich treat. If you want to experience pure palate pleasure, then try these sweet treats.
- 125 milliliters water
- 125 milliliters whole milk
- 15 grams fresh yeast
- 450 grams bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 30 milliliters sunflower oil
- 1 egg white
- water (for boiling)
- 1 egg yolk
- poppy seeds
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 220°C (approximately 425°F).
- Mix all the ingredients in mixer on medium speed and knead for about 10 minutes until dough is smooth.
- Form a ball with the dough and place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, knead well to remove air.
- Divide dough in portions for desired amount and size of bagels, such as 6 big bagels or 10 small bagels.
- Heat water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Place bagels one by one into boiling water for 30-40 seconds, then place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- When all the bagels are boiled, brush with egg yolk (or melted butter) and sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, depending on size of bagels.