A complete breakfast baked into convenient hand-held bites. Perfect to make ahead for on-the-go mornings.
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 12-cavity muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips onto the paper-towel-lined dinner plate. Keep at least half of the bacon fat to cook the hash browns.
- Pro tip: Discard bacon fat by first setting it aside to cool down and solidify before throwing in the trash.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until slightly golden-brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, salt, and black pepper.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces and transfer the the egg mixture. Add the hash brown potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the bacon, potatoes, and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cavities of the muffin pan.
- Bake the casserole bites for 20-25 minutes on the middle rack of oven, until they are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Check to see that casserole bites are done. Remove from oven or add time as needed.
- Allow the casserole bites to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. To remove, run a sharp knife around the edge of each casserole bite and lift up at an angle.
- Plate and serve.
|Calories470Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.