A complete breakfast baked into convenient hand-held bites. Perfect to make ahead for on-the-go mornings.
- 8 strips bacon
- 8 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 12-cavity muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate, do not discard the bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until slightly golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, salt, and black pepper.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces and transfer the the egg mixture. Add the hash brown potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the bacon, potatoes, and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 12 cavities of the muffin pan.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole bites for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole bites to cool for five minutes in the pan. To remove, run a sharp knife around the edge of each casserole bite and lift up at an angle.
- Plate and serve.