- 1 bunch asparagus (about 20-25 spears, stems removed)
- 4 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove (minced or pressed)
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
PER SERVING *
|Calories220Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tieu 12 Aug
It tastes great. Although I put less sugar.
Sheryl Jones 26 Jun
Turned out great will definitely make again.
Kathleen Alvey 6 Jun
Love it love it love it
Weyman 29 May
Really great simple dish. I left out the brown sugar and it was still great!
Karen Vancaulart 25 Feb
The brown sugar and oils didn’t mix.The sugar burnt so I used maple syrup. I also added several spices on top.
Tanya W. 8 Dec 2017
This recipe is awesome and even my kids will eat asparagus like this. I do have one child allergic to sesame oil so I swapped it out for pure maple syrup! She loved it!
Gregg W. 14 Nov 2017
Fantastic! This is a great presentation for a “typical” vegetable. My guests were delighted with it as was I. The only change I made was to slightly precook the bacon ahead of time. It was still pliable, so wrapped well around the asparagus, but it took away my worry that it wouldn’t crisp up enough before the vegetables were done.
Mary R. 14 Nov 2017
this was wonderful. Teenage boy loved it as well
Brenda Breen 17 Jun 2017
Not as tasty as I thought.
Natalie Zwanenburg 24 Feb 2016
I didn't have sesame oil or seeds so I used more olive oil and sunflower seeds. It was a great hit with the boyfriend - we had to go out and get more asparagus to have it again!