Bacon and Sausage OmeletHoje para Jantar
When a reguar omelet just won't do, make this: Sauteed onion and bacon are the flavor foundation for eggs that are combined with vienna sausages and cooked over moderate heat until just set on the first side before flipping and cooking the other side. To invert the omelet, place a plate on top of the pan and hold it securely while turning them over, then slide the omelet off the plate back into the pan.
- olive oil
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 1 slice bacon (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 can vienna sausage (sliced)
- 1Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan,and add the onion. Add the bacon. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes until onion is soft.
- 2Whisk the eggs in a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour the eggs on top of the onions, and immediately afterwards the sliced Vienna sausages.
- 4On low heat, cook until the top starts to solidify. Slide the omelet onto a plate, then flip back into pan to cook the other side. Let cook a little longer.
- 5Serve with a watercress and tomato salad.