Your favorite breakfast staples all baked together in a simple and delicious casserole.
- 8 strips bacon
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate, do not discard the bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until slightly golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces and transfer the the egg mixture. Add the hash brown potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the bacon, potatoes, and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Raquel A. 2 hours ago
I made this and it was very tasty. Instead of using bacon I used chicken sausage and I cut it up into bite size pieces.
Isabella 20 days ago
It was my first time baking casserole and the recipe was easy to follow, my dad and brother loved it!
Kelly 30 days ago
Nice for a change from the typical bacon and egg breakfast! Will make again for sure