Your favorite breakfast staples all baked together in a simple and delicious casserole.
- 8 strips bacon
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate, do not discard the bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until slightly golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces and transfer the the egg mixture. Add the hash brown potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the bacon, potatoes, and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.