Your favorite breakfast staples all baked together in a simple and delicious casserole.
- 8 strips bacon
- 16 ounces frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate, do not discard the bacon fat.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the thawed hash brown potatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula, until slightly golden brown. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper.
- Using clean hands, crumble the bacon into small pieces and transfer the the egg mixture. Add the hash brown potatoes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the bacon, potatoes, and cheese are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kerry Markley 5 days ago
it turned out ok, but it took so long to make. ended up being more than 4 servings and i don't think this would re-heat well. a lot of it went to waste :(
Mrs. Dee 10 days ago
I liked it. Delicious.
Beth Reece 11 Nov
tasted great. added sausage to it tho. going to add veggies next time.
Ann Burch 22 Oct
My family liked it. i will make it again.
Raquel A. 21 Aug
I made this and it was very tasty. Instead of using bacon I used chicken sausage and I cut it up into bite size pieces.
Isabella 1 Aug
It was my first time baking casserole and the recipe was easy to follow, my dad and brother loved it!
Kelly 22 Jul
Nice for a change from the typical bacon and egg breakfast! Will make again for sure