Bacon and Porcini Mushrooms PopoversKooking
Popovers are a delicious and light addition to any brunch table. This version has bacon and porcini mushrooms mixed right into the batter for an extra savory treat. Serve these with a light green salad and some sunny-side up eggs for the perfectly balanced breakfast or brunch. These are best served straight out of the oven, so make sure you plan accordingly if you are making these for a large group or gathering.
- 4 bacon slices
- 50 grams porcini (already hydrated)
- 250 grams flour
- 2 eggs
- 250 milliliters milk
- 20 grams grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- 2Cut the bacon into tiny pieces and fry it in a pan with a little olive oil until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3In the same pan, sauté the mushrooms (cut into small pieces). Set aside.
- 4Beat the eggs until they foam, add the milk, flour, bacon, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese and mix well. Grease the muffin tin with butter and fill each cup 2/3 full with the mixture. Put in the oven and let them bake for about 15 minutes.
- 5After that, lower the temperature to 200 degrees Celsius and leave it for about 10 minutes more. It is very important not to open the oven while they are cooking to avoid a collapse.
- 6Serve warm.