Bacon and Leek QuicheAs receitas lá de casa
This savory quiche is packed with flavor. Incorporating bacon, ham, leeks and mushrooms, this quiche is made with fresh yogurt and swiss cheese for a creamy texture. Make your own pie crust or purchase a ready made one. A great item for brunch or family gatherings.
- pie crust (for base, I used ready-made)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 150 grams bacon (cut into thin strips)
- 10 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 50 grams ham (3 or 4 slices)
- 1 leeks (large or 2 small, cut into slices)
- 5 eggs
- 2 containers natural yogurt
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- swiss cheese (grated, to taste, I used Emmental)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Place the dough in the pie tin (I use one with a removable bottom), keeping the baking paper and pricking the bottom with a fork. Set it aside.
- 3Over medium heat, heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and saute the bacon and mushrooms.
- 4When the bacon starts to brown, add the ham and leek, stiring well and cooking for another five minutes.
- 5While the bacon, mushrooms, ham and leeks cook, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the yogurt. Beat again, seasoning with salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- 6Put the bacon, mushrooms, ham and leeks in the pie tin and pour the egg and yogurt mix over it.
- 7Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until it is golden brown.