This savory quiche is packed with flavor. Incorporating bacon, ham, leeks and mushrooms, this quiche is made with fresh yogurt and swiss cheese for a creamy texture. Make your own pie crust or purchase a ready made one. A great item for brunch or family gatherings.
- pie crust (for base, I used ready-made)
- olive oil (to taste)
- 150 grams bacon (cut into thin strips)
- 10 mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 50 grams ham (3 or 4 slices)
- 1 leeks (large or 2 small, cut into slices)
- 5 eggs
- 2 containers natural yogurt
- salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- swiss cheese (grated, to taste, I used Emmental)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the dough in the pie tin (I use one with a removable bottom), keeping the baking paper and pricking the bottom with a fork. Set it aside.
- Over medium heat, heat a frying pan with a little olive oil and saute the bacon and mushrooms.
- When the bacon starts to brown, add the ham and leek, stiring well and cooking for another five minutes.
- While the bacon, mushrooms, ham and leeks cook, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the yogurt. Beat again, seasoning with salt and a pinch of black pepper.
- Put the bacon, mushrooms, ham and leeks in the pie tin and pour the egg and yogurt mix over it.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until it is golden brown.