Bacon and Chorizo Pizza with OlivesO Meu Tempero
There's a pizza for every appetite, so long as you put the focus on the crust and then tailor the toppings to suit your own (or your guests' own) preferences, be it for tradition or more novel options. For the dough, this recipe yields a crust that is chewy (thanks to bread flour) and just as airy as the ones you find in a pizza parlor. The toppings may be less classic (ketchup is used in place of tomato sauce), but feel free to improvise.
- 100 grams warm water
- 25 grams olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 grams bread flour
- 1 packet yeast
- ketchup (to taste)
- oregano (to taste)
- grating cheese (to taste)
- chorizo (to taste)
- bacon (to taste)
- black olives (to taste)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the water, olive oil, and salt. Add the flour and yeast. Knead until it forms a ball and no longer sticks to your hands. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a large cloth and let it rise in a warm, dry place until it doubles in volume.
- 2Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 3Sprinkle your workbench with flour. If necessary, sprinkle the dough with a little flour and then roll it out with a rolling pin until it reaches your desired thickness. Let the dough rest for a few more minutes on a pizza pan lined with parchment paper before adding the toppings.
- 4To top the pizza, simply brush with ketchup and sprinkle with oregano, grated cheese, chorizo, bacon, and black olives.
- 5Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.