Bacon-Wrapped Pork Medallions with Garlic-Mustard ButterPork
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 to 1 1/4 pound)
- 4 slices bacon (hickory-smoked)
- black pepper
- 1Cut tenderloin in 8 slices (medallions) approximately 1 to 1 1/4-inch wide. Place two slices (medallions) together and wrap bacon slice around both pieces to hold together to make pork “mignons.” Secure with wooden pick. Repeat with remaining pork medallions and bacon. Season both sides with salt and pepper and spray lightly with cooking spray. Broil or grill per directions below.
- 2*Remove wooden pick; serve with Garlic-Mustard Butter.
- 3Makes 4 servings.
- 4Directions for Broiling: Pre-heat broiler to 500º. Broil pork mignons about 4-inches from heat source for 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- 5Direction for Pan-broiling: Heat skillet or grill pan over high heat; add pork mignons. Lower heat to medium-high; cook (uncovered) for 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Turn; cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temperature reached 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- 6Directions for Grilling: Pre-heat grill to 400º. Place pork mignons directly over high heat. Close grill lid; grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.