- 1 pound white cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 4 chicken breasts (each about 5.25 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram (dried)
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (floury, cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (freshly)
- parsley sprigs (to garnish)
- Toss the cabbage in a bowl with the salt. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a small saucepan and sauté the onion for 5 minutes. Add the mustard, stock, vinegar and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Add to the cabbage and mix well. Set aside while preparing the chicken and mashed potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Sprinkle the chicken with the marjoram and season to taste. Wrap 2 strips of bacon around each chicken breast, securing in place with toothpicks. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken on all sides to brown. Transfer to a roasting pan and bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well and return to the pan. Add the milk and butter and mash until smooth. Add the nutmeg and season to taste.
- Remove the toothpicks from the chicken. Transfer the chicken, mashed potatoes and coleslaw to warmed serving plates and serve garnished with parsley.
|Calories750Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.