If you're looking to try something unusual with your holiday ham this year, wrap it in bacon!
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (real)
- 16 1/2 pounds spiral-sliced bone-in ham
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and position a roasting rack inside of it. Place the ham on the middle of the roasting rack.
- Arrange the bacon strips in a lattice pattern over the ham, interweaving approximately 10 strips crosswise and 6 strips lengthwise. Secure the back with toothpicks.
- Gently brush the maple syrup over the surface of the bacon-covered ham.
- Transfer the ham to the lowest rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the ham for 2-2.5 hours, or about 15 minutes per pound of ham, until the bacon is browned and crisp and the ham is heated through.
- Remove the ham from the oven. Allow the ham to cool on the roasting rack for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board. Carve and serve. Leftover ham may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.