Bacon-Stuffed Shell SaladPORK
This recipe takes pasta salad to a big flavor level. Putting the filled shells in a baking dish helps stablize the shells while chilling in the refrigerator. Great to make ahead and serve for a simple summer luncheon. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit.
- 12 oz. canadian bacon (sliced)
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 salt (teas)
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 16 conchiglioni (jumbo shells)
- romaine lettuce
- Cut Canadian bacon into thin strips. In a large bowl combine bacon, zucchini, red pepper and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over bacon mixture; toss gently to mix. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Cook conchiglioni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bacon mixture into each conchiglioni. Place the shells, filled side up, in a baking dish. Cover and chill 2-4 hours.
- To serve, arrange romaine lettuce leaves among salad plates. Place 2 shells atop each plate.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories200Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes