This is one of my favorite recipes! It has slowly evolved over the years and it is now perfect! Honestly sometimes I make it twice a week…
I started out making spaghetti like most people and eventually decided I was over the jar of spaghetti sauce and needed to make something that tasted a little bit more real. Spaghetti is one of those recipes you really can play with if you use the right types of ingredients. Every time I made it I added add in new ingredients for example I started out using crushed tomatoes and various seasonings, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning garlic, etc. then decided to start adding red wine, sugar and fresh basil, onions, garlic sautéed.
Recently a friend showed me a similar recipe where she used bacon as the main ingredient in a red pasta and it was incredible! So I decided to bring the bacon on board as well and it really paid off! The bacon is the definitely the key ingredient in this recipe hands down!
Usually when I'm looking to spice up a bland recipe or try a new one for the first time I do research. I will look at several similar recipes and jot down the best ingredients in each (assuming they will all taste good together) and create a recipe that tastes amazing.
- 1 pound venison (ground, beef or Italian sausage)
- 1 1/2 cups bacon
- 3/4 box noodles (angel hair)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash crushed red pepper (optional)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes (cans)
- 1 packet seasoning (McCormick Thick & Zesty spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- shredded parmesan cheese (for topping)
- In pan brown ground venison
- Meanwhile mince 4 - 6 cloves of garlic, chop onions and dice bacon into 1/4 inch pieces (keep separate)
- Once venison is browned set aside in small bowl. Rinse pan and return to stove.
|Calories430Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.