Anyone who isn't a fan of Brussels sprouts simply hasn't tried them roasted with bacon! Dare we say this side dish is better than french fries?
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 strips bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts, cut in half, and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, to taste.
- Dice the bacon into 1/4” pieces and place in a large skillet.
- Set the skillet over medium high heat. Fry the bacon, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, just until it begins to render some fat, about 2-3 minute. The bacon should still be very undercooked. Transfer the bacon and fat to the bowl of Brussels sprouts.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts and bacon until the oil is evenly distributed. Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts and bacon for 15 minutes. Open the oven and stir with a rubber spatula. Continue roasting for 10-15 minutes longer, until the Brussels sprouts are tender and slightly charred, and the bacon is browned and crisp.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and serve immediately.