Once you try this bacon roasted broccoli, you'll never want to eat broccoli any other way again.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 3 strips bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the broccoli into 1” florets and place in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper, to taste.
- Dice the bacon into 1/4” pieces and place in a large skillet.
- Set the skillet over medium high heat. Fry the bacon, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, just until it begins to render some fat, about 2-3 minute. The bacon should still be very undercooked. Transfer the bacon and fat to the bowl of broccoli.
- Toss the broccoli and bacon until the oil is evenly distributed. Transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Roast the broccoli and bacon for 15 minutes. Open the oven and stir with a rubber spatula. Continue roasting for 10-15 minutes longer, until the broccoli is tender and slightly charred, and the bacon is browned and crisp.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and serve immediately.