- 500 grams potatoes
- 2 pieces streaky bacon
- 1 onions (medium size)
- 3 cheese slices
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour (or add a little more if you find the potato mixture still a little we)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- After washing potatoes, cut to wedges and submerge it in a pot of water and cook over high heat for 20 minutes before removing to cool or microwave potatoes till soft.
- Peel potatoes and mash it with a fork.
- Mince bacon, onion and cut cheese to small pieces separately. Heat olive oil in wok over high heat, then fry onion till fragrant, remove and set aside. Then remove oil from wok, stir-fry bacon for 30 seconds before turning off heat.
- Add bacon and onion into mashed potato. Add salt, ground pepper, dried mixed herbs and corn flour, mix well.
- Oil your palm with some olive oil before flattening a fish-ball-sized mashed potato in your palm. Wrap up the cheese, round it then flatten it into a potato cake.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in flat frying pan over high heat. Add potato cake and switch to medium heat to fry each side to golden brown.