Serve with roasted potato wedges or smashed sweet potatoes.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1-inch thick, 6-ounce each)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 slices bacon (preferably maple-flavored)
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup lager beer (or non-alcoholic beer)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season pork with salt. Wrap bacon around the edges of the pork and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Mix together barbecue sauce and beer.