Bacon Pasta DelightPork
Recipe courtesy of Darla Shine, author of Happy Housewives. Quick dinner that gives a weekday supper an elegant feel. Serve with big green salad and breadsticks.
- 8 strips bacon (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound angel hair
- 1/2 white onion (very thinly sliced into rings)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped, plus extra for garnish)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated, plus extra for garnish)
- 1 eggs
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1Prepare angel hair pasta according to directions on box. If necessary, cover to keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, place bacon in cold 12-inch, deep skillet; cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, reserving 3 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet. Pat excess fat from bacon using additional paper towels. When cool, break or cut bacon into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- 3Cook onion in bacon pan with drippings over medium heat for 4 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and salt. Continue cooking about 1 minute more or until onion begins to become translucent.
- 4Stir cream, chicken broth and parsley into onion mixture. Bring mixture just to boil; reduce heat to a simmer. Add Parmesan cheese. Stir well, scrapping bits from bottom of skillet.
- 5Drain pasta and add to onion mixture. Beat 1 egg in a small bowl and then pour over the pasta mixture. Gently toss until evenly coated. Mix well and remove mixture from heat.Add bacon into pasta. Lightly sprinkle with pepper and additional parsley and Parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories480Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.