- 1/4 pound bacon (raw, roughly chopped)
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light, packed)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine bacon, half and half, milk, corn syrup, and sugar and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside to steep until a deep bacon flavor develops, 10 to 20 minutes. Strain through a medium-mesh strainer and set aside to cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Process according to your ice cream manufacturer’s instructions.
- Yield: About 5 cups (serving size 1/2 cup)