If adding bacon to chocolate chip cookies is wrong, we don't want to be right.
- 6 strips bacon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1 scant cup, or chunks)
- Place two sheets of paper towels on a large dinner plate, and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the bacon strips in the skillet. Fry the bacon until brown and crisp, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once.
- Transfer the bacon strips onto the paper-towel lined dinner plate and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Place the softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to one minute, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, corn starch, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture on medium speed for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, as needed.
- Add the chocolate chips and crumbled bacon to the bowl. Fold the chocolate and bacon into the cookie dough until they are evenly distributed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer the cookie dough to the refrigerator. Allow the dough to chill for at least two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Remove the chilled cookie dough from the refrigerator.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Form the cookie dough into 24 balls, and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Transfer the baking sheets to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the cookies for 10-13 minutes, until they are just slightly golden brown on the edges, and puffy on top.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely.