- 2 pounds ground beef (– for healthier burgers use lean ground beef, for something a bit greasier and more traditional go with the 80/20)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons rub (– I use my own you should use whatever you like)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (– again one of your choosing)
- 4 slices bacon (– cut into chunks and cooked until crisp)
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese (– grated)
- 6 hamburger buns
- Add ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, rub and hot sauce to a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients well. Try to use your finger tips and not squeeze the meat as this will overwork the meat and you will end up with dry burgers.
- Break the mixture into 6 equal parts. This recipe is going to make six burgers total.
- Take one of your 6 portions and break it in 1/2. Lay the first half in the bottom of a burger press and push it flat.
- Place cheddar cheese and bacon on the burger, leaving it in the press. Leave a little space between the edge of the meat and your toppings, do not put the toppings all the way to the edge.
- Flatten out the second half of the meat portion using your fingers. Lay over the stuffing and press along the edges to seel in the stuffing.
- Use the hamburger press to shape the burger into a patty and place on a clean plate.
- Finish the other 5 burgers and go prep your grill.
- Get a nice hot grill going. Lay your burgers on the grill and let them site for 3 minutes. Give them a 1/4 turn and let sit for 1 more minute then flip. Let cook for an additional 3 minutes and pull them. The burgers should be medium, juicy and ready to eat.
- Serve on your favorite roll with grilled asparagus or tater tots.
PER SERVING *
|Calories920Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.