Food Network Magazine
- Bacon-wrapped pineapple: Wrap pineapple cubes with bacon. Broil, flipping halfway through, until crisp - 8 minutes.
- Bacon Hushpuppies: Whisk 3/4 cup cornmeal, 1/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon each baking powder and sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon each baking soda and kosher salt. Whisk in 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1 large egg. Stir in 5 chopped cooked bacon slices and 2 chopped scallions. Deep-fry tablespoonfuls of the batter in 350 degrees F vegetable oil, 4 minutes.
- Bacon-Stuffed Potatoes: Toss 1 pound baby potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees F, 20 minutes; let cool. Halve and scoop 1/2 teaspoon flesh from each; mash with 2 tablespoons each butter and sour cream, and 3 chopped cooked bacon slices. Stuff into the potatoes and top with shredded cheddar; bake 5 more minutes.
- Bacon Deviled Eggs: Hard-boil 12 eggs; cut in half. Remove the yolks; mash with 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeños and a splash of the brine, and 1 teaspoon each Dijon mustard and smoked paprika. Add 4 chopped cooked bacon slices. Stuff into the egg whites.
- Bacon-Ricotta Crostini: Top toasted baguette slices with ricotta and cooked bacon pieces. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey mixed with 1 teaspoon hot sauce.
- Bacon-Caesar Crostini: Toss 1 chopped romaine heart with 2 tablespoons each mayonnaise and white wine vinegar, and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard; season with pepper. Divide among toasted baguette slices; top with chopped cooked bacon.
- Bacon-Date Bites: Quarter 4 bacon slices. Cook until crisp; remove, leaving 1 tablespoon drippings in the pan. Add 1/4 cup each chopped dates and almonds to the pan; cook 3 minutes. Spoon onto the bacon.
- Bacon Beer Cheese: Cook 6 chopped bacon slices in a saucepan; remove, leaving the drippings. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with the drippings. Add 1/4 cup flour and cook over medium heat, stirring, 2 minutes. Add 1 cup each cream and beer, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups grated cheddar until melted. Serve topped with chopped scallions and the bacon.
- BLT Dip: Mix 1/2 cup each mayonnaise and sour cream, 2 chopped plum tomatoes, 12 chopped cooked bacon slices and ¼ cup chopped chives; season with pepper and chill. Serve with romaine hearts.
- Bacon-Crab Dip: Cook 6 chopped bacon slices until crisp; remove, leaving 1 tablespoon drippings in the pan. Add 3 chopped scallions and 1 chopped bell pepper; sauté. Mix with 8 ounces each cream cheese and crabmeat, 1/4 cup cream, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, the juice of 1 lemon and the bacon. Transfer to an ovenproof dish; top with ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs. Bake at 400 degrees F, 30 minutes.
- Bacon-Onion Dip: Cook 12 chopped bacon slices until crisp; remove, leaving 2 tablespoons drippings in the pan. Add 2 sliced large onions and cook until caramelized, 30 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon dry sherry; let cool. Chop and mix with the bacon, 1/2 cup each mayonnaise, sour cream, chopped scallions and chopped parsley, and a dash of Worcestershire sauce; chill.
- Bacon Pimiento Cheese: Pulse 3 cups grated cheddar and 1/2 cup each drained chopped pimientos and mayonnaise in a food processor until combined. Mix with 8 chopped cooked bacon slices and ¼ cup chopped chives; chill.
- Bacon Flatbread: Bake pieces of naan or other flatbread at 375 degrees F until crisp, 10 minutes. Spread with crème fraîche and season with salt and pepper. Top with caramelized onions, crumbled cooked bacon and chopped parsley.
- Bacon Chive Biscuits: Whisk 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons each baking powder and chopped chives, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. Cut in 1 stick chopped cold butter. Stir in 4 chopped cooked bacon slices and 3/4 cup buttermilk until combined. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick on a floured surface; cut out 1-inch rounds. Bake at 375 degrees F, 16 minutes.
- Bacon-stuffed Mushrooms: Mix 1/2 cup each breadcrumbs and grated parmesan, 4 chopped cooked bacon slices, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard. Stuff into 24 cremini mushroom caps; drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 375 degrees F, 15 minutes.
- Bacon-Wrapped Sliders: Season 3/4 pound ground beef with paprika. Form into 12 small patties; wrap each with 1/2 slice bacon. Cook in a skillet over medium heat, 5 minutes per side. Serve on mini rolls.
- Bacon Shrimp Scampi: Cook 4 chopped bacon slices in an ovenproof skillet; remove, leaving the drippings in the pan. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with the drippings. Add 1 pound butterflied shrimp and 3 sliced garlic cloves; cook 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup white wine; cook 3 minutes. Top with the bacon, 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs and some chopped parsley. Broil until browned.
- Bacon Crab Cakes: Combine 8 ounces crabmeat, 8 chopped cooked bacon slices, 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon mustard. Form into small patties; cook in a hot oiled skillet, 3 minutes per side. Serve with tartar sauce.
- Bacon-Taleggio Pears: Top pear slices with Taleggio cheese, sour cream and chopped cooked bacon; drizzle with honey.
- Bacon-Brie Toast: Mix 2 tablespoons apricot preserves with 1 teaspoon chopped pickled jalapeños. Top toasted pumpernickel cocktail bread with sautéed sliced Canadian bacon, brie and the apricot sauce.
- Spanish Bacon Tortilla: Cook 6 chopped bacon slices in a 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet; remove, leaving the drippings in the pan. Add 2 thinly sliced peeled potatoes and 1 small sliced onion; cook 10 minutes. Add 8 beaten eggs and the bacon. Bake at 375 degrees F, 15 minutes; slice.
- Bacon-Lettuce Wraps: Cook 8 chopped bacon slices until crisp; remove, leaving the drippings in the pan. Add 8 ounces chopped shiitake mushroom caps; cook 2 minutes. Add 1 cup chopped water chestnuts and 1/2 cup chopped carrots; cook 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup hoisin sauce and the bacon. Serve in Bibb lettuce leaves.
- Bacon-Beef Empanadas: Brown 8 ounces ground beef with 10 chopped bacon slices and 1 chopped onion, 8 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons tomato paste; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup raisins. Spoon into the center of 10 empanada wrappers; fold in half and crimp the edges with a fork. Bake at 400 degree F, 20 minutes.
- Bacon Cheese Balls: Mix 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheddar, 8 chopped cooked bacon slices, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon. Form into balls; chill. Roll in chopped chives and more bacon.
- Bacon-Cheese Endive: Make the Bacon Cheese Balls mixture (above). Spread on endive leaves; top with bacon and chives.
- Bacon Soup Shooters: Cook 4 halved bacon slices until crisp; remove, leaving the drippings in the pan. Melt 2 tablespoons butter with the drippings. Add 1 chopped leek and 1 chopped peeled russet potato. Cook 5 minutes. Add 2 cups chicken broth and 1 cup cream. Simmer 15 minutes; puree. Serve in shot glasses with dill and the bacon.
- Bacon-Cheese Croquettes: Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a saucepan. Whisk in 1/3 cup flour until smooth, then 1 1/2 cups whole milk. Cook, whisking, 5 minutes. Add 8 chopped cooked bacon slices, 1/2 cup grated Manchego, 1 chopped scallion and a pinch each of salt and nutmeg; chill. Form into 2-inch logs. Roll in flour, dredge in beaten eggs, then roll in panko breadcrumbs. Fry in 360 degrees F vegetable oil, 3 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories50Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.