- 4 pieces cod (soaked loin)
- milk (q.s.)
- 1 deciliter olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 kilogram potatoes
- 40 grams butter
- 2 deciliters milk (to cook the cod)
- egg yolks (for brushing)
- Lightly poach cod in the milk.
- Remove cod from milk. With tweezers, remove bones without disrupting the fillet.
- Grease a baking sheet with mayonnaise and place the slices of cod on baking sheet.
- Cook peeled and coarsely chopped potatoes in plenty of boiling, salted water.
- Drain potatoes and mash until smooth. Mix mashed potatoes, butter and about ¾ cup warm milk.
- Add milk gradually until desired consistency is reached. Season with pepper and freshly grounded nutmeg.
- Place potato puree in a pastry bag and with wide beaded tip, pipe a decorative border around the baking sheet.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté garlic and onions and cook without browning.
- Arrange garlic and onion in pan with cod and potatoes. Whisk together egg yolk.
- Brush mayonnaise over the cod. Brush potatoes with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160°C (approximately 320°F) for about 15 minutes.