BabamisuOn dine chez Nanou
Strong Italian roots and sweet mascarpone cheese make this dessert a must-have. Soft mousey chocolate, fluffed up by beaten egg whites makes every forkful a moment of pleasure. Tip: Separate your egg whites and yolks during your prep stage and keep them far apart until needed, and allow them to reach room temperature. Marsala wine, made in Sicily, provides a dry yet sweet aspect to the bitter coco powder. Quickly whip up some homemade cream and dollop some over the Bambamisu with some shifted coco powder.
- 3 eggs
- 30 grams granulated sugar
- whole milk (5 cl.)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- coffee (40 cl. strong)
- 140 grams granulated sugar
- marsala wine (10 cl.)
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Separate the eggs.
- 3In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the yolks with sugar until the mixture is pale.
- 4Add the milk and oil. Mix well.
- 5Add flour and baking powder .
- 6Beat the egg whites with salt and gently add to the dough.
- 7Grease the cupcake tins and fill with the batter up to 2/3.
- 8Bake the babas for 20 minutes.
- 9While tha cakes bake, make the syrup. In a small saucepan combine coffee and sugar. Cook over low heat to dissolve the sugar without boiling the coffee. Add the marsala.
- 10Unmold the cakes while hot and quickly brush them with hot syrup.
- 11Cover and let soak them for at least 8 hours.
- 12Separate the remaining 2 eggs.
- 13Mix the mascarpone with vanilla, sugar and egg yolks.
- 14Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold them gently to the mascarpone mixture.
- 15Fill the center of the cakes just before serving, sprinkle with a bit of cocoa.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.