- 2 eggplants (medium)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Pierce eggplants all over with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 50 to 60 minutes, or until eggplants collapse and are soft; cool to room temperature.
- Slice eggplants from stem to bottom and scrape out flesh with a large spoon. Flesh will be soft but still hold together; cut in half along long axis and scoop out seed mass; discard seed. Place remaining flesh in large, fine mesh strainer. Place strainer in bowl or sink and drain well (about 20 minutes).
- Transfer eggplant to large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Beat with electric mixer on low until eggplant is beaten smooth and ingredients are all well combined. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours
- or overnight to allow flavors to blend.