Made with butternut squash, plenty of apples, hazelnuts, and lightly sweetened with brown sugar these dairy free muffins are made with coconut milk and incorporate all the flavors of fall. Combining brown rice flour with wheat flour provides these muffins with a heartiness that sticks with you, making them the perfect snack on the go. This recipe is a great way to use up any butternut squash you may have lying around, or the perfect opportunity to try out that squash recipe you just discovered.
- 1/2 cup butternut squash (seeded, peeled and diced)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup flour (white or brown)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 gala apples
- 30 grams hazelnuts (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cook the squash for about 10 minutes until it is tender.
- Puree the squash in a bowl.
- Measure 1/2 cup and reserve the rest.
- Mix with a whisk the eggs and squash, the sugar, the coconut milk, the oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix the brown rice flour, white flour, crushed nuts, tapioca starch, and baking soda.
- Mix the two preparations and add apples and hazelnut flour.
- Pour into molds and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- It may be kept for 3 days in the refrigerator and 1 month in the freezer.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat390|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.