BUTTERNUT SQUASH MAPLE TARTSmydigitalkitchen.ca
- crust (Ingredients for)
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 eggs
- 1 butternut squash (medium cooked and mashed, about 2-3 cups)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 1/2 teaspoons arrowroot starch (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1Make your crust first. Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl and knead with your hands until a ball forms. Wrap the pie crust in saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. When ready, lightly grease a 9-inch tart pan with coconut oil. I prefer to use a non-stick tart pan so that the tart pops out easily. Press the tart dough into the an until all the edges are covered, then set aside.
- 2Now that your tart crust is ready, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and make your filling. Combine all filling ingredients in a Vitamix blender and blend on medium speed for about 3-4 minutes until you get a smooth batter. Pour the filling into the large tart crust and the left over filling into the mini tart crusts. If you don’t have mini tart pans, you can store your leftover filling in the refrigerator freezer. You would also have to make a new crust batter for the 3 mini tart pans.
- 3Place the tarts in the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. When ready, cool the tarts on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator for another hour until chilled. Serve with toppings of choice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.