- 8 slices bacon (crisply-cooked)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 15 ounces white beans (cannellini or navy)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup leaf lettuce (shredded)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- Coarsely crumble bacon & set aside. In 2-quart saucepan, stir together tomatoes, broth, beans and seasoning. Bring to a simmer; stir in vinegar. In small bowl, toss together lettuce & basil. Ladle soup into large soup plates or bowls; garnish each serving with crumbled bacon and lettuce & basil.
- Serves 4.
Mintz 11 Oct
Excellent!! This was super easy, quick and delicious. I did add some minced garlic and garlic salt we had it with sandwiches. We will be making this again!!