Tangy flavor of shredded pork for sandwiches. A taste of summer out of your oven. Serve with Cool Cucumber Salad, German Potato Salad, and Sauteed Sugar Peas.
- 3 lb. pork loin roast (boneless)
- garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups hot water
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 16 hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Sprinkle pork roast generously with garlic salt. Place roast in roasting pan with cover. Dissolve bouillon granules in hot water; pour over roast. Cover. Roast for 2-2 1/2 hours or until you can break the meat apart with fork. Remove pork from roasting pan. Carefully pour enough of the pan juices through strainer into measuring cup to measure 1 cup; discard remaining pan juices.
- For sauce, combine reserved 1 cup pan juices, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, honey, dried minced onion and Worcestershire sauce in small saucepan. Heat and stir until bubbly. Use 2 forks to shred pork. Return shredded pork to roasting pan. Pour sauce over pork in roasting pan; stir to coat pork. Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 1 hour more, stirring once halfway through baking. Serve in hamburger buns.
- Serves 12 to 16.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories350Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes