- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 11 ounces corn (with peppers, drained)
- 24 ounces chicken (Swanson’s, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (Lawry’s)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (fresh, chopped)
|Calories310Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Barbara 22 Oct 2018
Whou would tell that cilantro and BBQ sauce could taste so good when put together?! But I chose not to simmer the cilantro, I just put a generous tbsp, fresh, at each bowl at serving time, so that the chicken would not taste only like cilantro. Definetely will do it again!
John R. 3 Oct 2017
Really good. Do not omit BBQ sauce. Kid approved
Sarah Fitzgerald 5 Sep 2017
The cilantro was too strong for me. Other than that, it was pretty good and I definitely want to try it again.
Shelly 2 Oct 2016
Very flavorful and quite delicious soup. I like the bbq sauce in the broth. I doubled the broth and bbq sauce though as the recipe, in my opinion, doesn't call for as much as I prefer. I'm not sure why 'pizza' is in the title as there is no relation at all to a pizza flavor nor ingredients. Maybe change it to a Tex-Mex BBQ Chicken Soup because thats moreso the direction this one pounts to. None-the-less, its tasty! Thanks for sharing!
Nicole J. 2 Aug 2016
Such a delicious and easy recipe! I made it for an event at work and everyone raved about it and the pot was scraped empty.
Elizabeth F. 28 May 2016
I minced 4 large garlic cloves and boiled/shredded four boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. I had to increase the chicken broth by 1 cup (probably more next time) & used the full 1/2 cup bbq sauce as stated in the recipe-not what she recommended in the blog post.