- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 11 ounces corn (with peppers, drained)
- 24 ounces chicken (Swanson’s, drained)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (Lawry’s)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves (fresh, chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
John R. 3 Oct 2017
Really good. Do not omit BBQ sauce. Kid approved
Sarah Fitzgerald 5 Sep 2017
The cilantro was too strong for me. Other than that, it was pretty good and I definitely want to try it again.
Shelly 2 Oct 2016
Very flavorful and quite delicious soup. I like the bbq sauce in the broth. I doubled the broth and bbq sauce though as the recipe, in my opinion, doesn't call for as much as I prefer. I'm not sure why 'pizza' is in the title as there is no relation at all to a pizza flavor nor ingredients. Maybe change it to a Tex-Mex BBQ Chicken Soup because thats moreso the direction this one pounts to. None-the-less, its tasty! Thanks for sharing!
Nicole J. 2 Aug 2016
Such a delicious and easy recipe! I made it for an event at work and everyone raved about it and the pot was scraped empty.
Elizabeth F. 28 May 2016
I minced 4 large garlic cloves and boiled/shredded four boneless, skinless, chicken breasts. I had to increase the chicken broth by 1 cup (probably more next time) & used the full 1/2 cup bbq sauce as stated in the recipe-not what she recommended in the blog post.