No need to fire up the grill for this quick barbecue salmon made in the oven with only four ingredients.
- 4 salmon fillets (Atlantic, 5 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 lemon
- Set the oven to broil. Adjust the top baking rack to sit approximately 4” from the heat.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the salmon filets under cool water. Gently pat them dry with paper towels, then place on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- Place butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, until melted.
- Cut the lemon in half.
- Squeeze 2 tsp. of lemon juice into the butter. Reserve the remaining lemon for serving.
- Add the barbecue sauce to the with the butter and lemon juice. Whisk until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spoon about a Tablespoon of the barbecue glaze down the center of each salmon filet. Use the back of the spoon to gently spread the glaze so the filets are evenly coated.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the top rack of the oven.
- Broil the filets for 6-7 minutes, until the glaze is caramelized and the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Keep a close eye on the oven during the broiling process to ensure the salmon does not burn.
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the filets. Plate and serve immediately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.