®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
BBQ Baby Back Ribs with Spicy Girls’ Dry Rub and Mop SaucePORK
BBQ Baby Back Ribs with Spicy Girls’ Dry Rub and Mop Sauce
Ribs have double the flavor with a dry rub and then a great doctored sauce. Serve with fresh sliced tomatoes, grilled potatoes and sliced icy cold watermelon.
- To make Spicy Girls’ Dry Rub, in medium bowl combine all ingredients for the rub (kosher salt, black pepper, coriander, cumin, paprika, thyme, chili powder, dark brown sugar) and stir well to blend. Place ribs flat in a non-reactive roasting pan. Using 3/4 cup of the prepared rub, sprinkle over both sides of each rack and rub in lightly. Set aside.
- Soak hickory or apple wood chips in cold water to cover for at least 30 minutes. Set up grill for indirect cooking. Prepare a medium fire in a charcoal grill or preheat one side of a gas or electric grill on medium. Drain chips and sprinkle half over the coals or place half in the grill’s smoker box. Place a disposable foil pan under the grate to catch drippings.
- Brush grill grate with vegetable oil. Arrange ribs, meaty-side down, on the side of the grill without hot coals. Cover the grill and smoke-cook the ribs for 45 minutes. Turn ribs and add remaining wood chips. Cover and grill for another 45 minutes.
- While ribs are grill-smoking, make Hickory Barbecue Mop Sauce. Combine store-bought hickory barbecue sauce, liquid smoke, maple syrup and molasses in a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- When the ribs have cooked for a total of 11/2 hours, brush the ribs generously with the mop sauce. Using long-handled tongs, slide the ribs onto the grate directly over the hot coals. Grill, uncovered, 5 minutes. Turn the ribs over, baste again, and grill another 5 minutes. Cut between the bones, slicing the racks into individual ribs. Serve immediately.