For those days when you want food and you want it fast, this recipe is a super quick snack or the perfect side to many meals and takes no longer than 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
I used Parma ham for this recipe although you can swap this for normal ham if you prefer...just bare in mind that thicker ham won't give quite the same results.
- 2 medium eggs
- 4 slices parma ham
- Preheat your oven to 220C
- VERY lightly grease two sections of a muffin tray (I would do this with a tiny bit of coconut oil)
- Cover the base and sides of both sections using two slices of Parma ham on each. (To ensure there are no gaps you will need to overlap this slightly – the idea is to create a basket of Parma ham for the egg to sit in)
- Crack one egg per basket
- Place the muffin tray into the oven and set your timer for 8 minutes
- You’ll have to judge these a little bit depending on the consistency you like for your eggs. I like mine runny and tend to remove them from the over after 8 minutes and put them under the grill (to cook the top part) for a further 2 minutes…again keep an eye on them as eggs can cook so quickly. If you prefer your eggs hard then continue to bake them until you can see the egg is cooked through.
- Remove these completely from the oven and gentle scoop out the egg cup with a spoon/spatula.
- Et Voila!
|Calories70Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.