Awesome Pork TenderloinPork
Lynn Corsaro of Florence created this recipes to win first place at the Colorado State Fair. Serve with seasoned couscous and steamed snow peas.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced, OR 1 8-oz can, drained)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over pork, place in a 9x13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- 3Melt butter with garlic in a medium saucepan, add mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered 5 to 6 minutes or until just tender, stirring frequently. Add vinegar to mushroom mixture, spoon over pork, placing some of the mushrooms on top of the pork. Roast 20-27 minutes, uncovered or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. May baste occasionally, if desired. Makes 1 cup mushroom sauce total.