Avocado Toast with Pickled VegetablesKITCHENAID
Uses KitchenAid® Stand Mixer.
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 small red onions (peeled)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut into quarters)
- 6 radishes (cleaned)
- 1 ripe avocado (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 2 slices sourdough bread (toasted)
- 2 tsp. butter
- black pepper
- Special Equipment: This recipe uses a KitchenAid® Stand Mixer with a Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment.
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach the slicing blade. Position medium bowl under attachment to catch sliced ingredients. Cut onions into sections that fit inside the feed tube. Place onion sections into feed tube until feed tube is full. Turn Stand Mixer to speed 3 and process until onions are sliced. Repeat with remaining onion sections, peppers and radishes, processing into the same bowl.
- Brine: In a medium saucepan, heat apple cider vinegar, water, peppercorns, salt and sugar. Simmer, stirring often, until sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour hot brining liquid over sliced onions, peppers, and radishes. Set aside until cool. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator 3-4 days.
- Toast bread and spread 1 teaspoon butter on each slice. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado and divide between the 2 toast slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top with desired amount of pickled vegetables. Save additional vegetables for another use.
- Serve immediately.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories500Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes