- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 red onions (small, peeled)
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded and cut into quarters)
- 6 radishes (cleaned)
- 1 avocado (ripe, thinly sliced)
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 slices sourdough bread (toasted)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Attach Fresh Prep Slicer/Shredder Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and attach the slicing blade. Position medium bowl under attachment to catch sliced ingredients. Cut onions into sections that fit inside the feed tube. Place onion sections into feed tube until feed tube is full. Turn Stand Mixer to speed 3 and process until onions are sliced. Repeat with remaining onion sections, peppers and radishes, processing into the same bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat apple cider vinegar, water, peppercorns, salt and sugar.
- Simmer, stirring often, until sugar and salt have dissolved. Pour hot brining liquid over sliced onions, peppers and radishes. Set aside until cool. Can be made ahead and stored in refrigerator 3-4 days.
- Toast bread and spread 1 teaspoon butter on each slice. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado and divide between the 2 toast slices. Season with salt and pepper. Top with desired amount of pickled vegetables. Save additional vegetables for another use.
|Calories220Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.