If you want the flavors and look of a fine dinning restaurant, but can’t afford the tab, then try this Avocado Tartare with Crab and Yellow Peach on a Bed of Crepes. This rich, hearty, healthy, and savory dish is perfect for a summer day. These fresh ingredients blend well to create a creamy and flavorful dish that everyone will love. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can enjoy this blissful dish this weekend.
- 90 grams flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 250 milliliters milk
- 180 grams crab meat
- 1 avocado
- 1 peaches (yellow)
- 1 egg yolks
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- wine vinegar
- 12.5 milliliters vegetable oil
- Crepe Batter Preparation:
- Pour the flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl, mix, and make a well in the middle of the flour.
- Add oil and egg. Mix.
- Gradually pour in the milk, and mix.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Use a small cookie cutter to act as a mold for the batter to make uniform circles. Cook in a lightly oiled frying pan. They must be thick enough to support the toppings.
- Let cool.
- Tartare Preparation:
- Finely dice avocado and yellow peach.
- Roughly chop the crab meat.
- Mayonnaise Preparation:
- In a bowl, mix egg yolk, salt, pepper, mustard, and a dash of wine vinegar.
- Gradually, add oil while whisking to thicken to mayonnaise.
- Mix some mayonnaise with crab meat.
- Separately, mix avocado and yellow peach with some mayonnaise.
- To serve, place crepe circles on a plate.
- On each circle, spread a layer of avocado/peach mixture, then a layer of crab/mayonnaise mixture, and finally another layer of avocado/peach.
- Repeat for as many circles as you have.