This bruschetta, otherwise (and more popularly) known as avocado toasts, are ideal for breakfast, lunch (with a soup or salad), afternoon pick me up, cocktail nibble, or first course for dinner. How great is that?! The avocado should be ripe but still on the firm side, unless you prefer a smoother mash. It's seasoned with lemon juice, honey, and a pinch of salt. For a garnish, toss fresh flat-leaf parsley with olive oil and grated garlic.
- 1 avocado (ripe)
- 2 teaspoons lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- parsley (to taste)
- 4 slices bread
- 1Cut the avocado in half and remove the flesh with a spoon.
- 2In a bowl mash the avocado, lemon, honey and pinch of salt and stir well.
- 3Add the minced garlic, olive oil and a few sprigs of parsley. Stir to combine and refrigerate until serving.
- 4Before serving, toast the slices of bread and place the avocado spread over each.
- 5Garnish with a parsley to taste.