Autumn Veloute with Porcini Mushrooms and HazelnutsOn dine chez Nanou
Earthy and nutty flavors come together in this rich Autumn soup. Incredibly this loaded with porcini mushrooms, thick cream, and smooth hazelnut flavoring soup is under 150 calories per serving! Any dry white cooking wine can be used if it's dry in flavor. Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc whites are a common choice for professional cooks. Before slowly blending the mushrooms into the broth, be sure to remove the Bay leaf. Serve in a deep bowl with a few dried mushrooms and chopped, roasted hazelnuts for added texture.
- 1 liter water
- 30 grams dried porcini mushrooms
- 500 grams porcini
- 20 grams butter
- 1 shallots (diced)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 grams white wine
- heavy cream (20 to 30 cl., minimum 30% fat)
- 30 grams hazelnuts (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Bring 1 liter of water to a boil.
- 2Place the dried porcini mushrooms in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let them rehydrate for 15 minutes.
- 3Drain and keep the water to dilute the bouillon cube.
- 4Wash and brush the fresh porcini mushrooms. Set 2-3 (according to their size) mushrooms aside for decoration and cut the rest.
- 5Heat the butter in a pan and the diced shallot for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Add the fresh porcini mushrooms, the dried mushrooms, thyme, and bay leaves. Mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- 7Add the glass of white wine and stir.
- 8After letting it cook for 2/3 minutes, add the broth.
- 9Bring to a boil, add salt (be aware that the broth can be already salty), cover, and let cook for 25 minutes.
- 10In the blender bowl, add the mushrooms and gradually add the broth and cream until the desired texture is obtained. Adjust the quantity of cream depending on the consistency of the soup.
- 11Blend for 5 minutes until the soup is smooth.
- 12Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- 13Dry roast hazelnuts in a pan, set aside.
- 14Slice the 2-3 fresh procini mushrooms previously set aside.
- 15In another pan, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the sliced mushrooms. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat.
- 16Distribute the soup on the plates. Gently drop the sliced porcini mushrooms in the centre and sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts. You can also add some spring onions or chives.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.