- 6 bone-in ribeye (rib) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 1 acorn squash (medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons green onion (chopped)
- 2 cups green peas (frozen)
- Slice acorn squash in half, remove seeds and slice each half into 6 slices, approximately 1/2-inch thick. Place 6 half slices on bottom of 5-quart slow cooker. Arrange 3 pork chops over squash; repeat layers. Combine all other ingredients except peas; pour over squash mixture. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until pork and squash are tender. Remove both from slow cooker; keep warm. Stir in frozen peas. Turn heat setting to high. Cover and cook about 5 minutes or until peas are tender; drain.
Little Elephant Girl 9 Apr
Stumbled across this website tonight in search of some quick -being the key word- & simple help in making my Love porkchops for (a very late-10pm) dinner. Will definetly be saving this recipe for next time!