If you want to surprise your family with a decadent dish Sunday morning, then why not try this Autumn Tiramisu recipe. It combines the sweet and savory flavors of pumpkin and heavy whipping cream. Don’t forget to sprinkle some powdered sugar over top of these sweet treats to make them even better. This is the perfect way to brighten your loved ones’ day by surprising them with a delicious breakfast.
- 500 grams pumpkin (diced.)
- vanilla extract (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- 1 ounce unflavored gelatin
- skim milk (25 cl.)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- rum extract
- Cook pumpkin in a steamer until very tender.
- With a fork, mash pumpkin and add vanilla and sugar to taste. Set aside.
- Soften the gelatin in a bowl of water.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and add the vanilla pod cut in half lengthwise.
- Bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, mix together egg yolks, cornstarch and rum extract.
- Remove milk from heat and add half of the gelatin.
- Mix well.
- Add egg yolk mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Place back over medium heat and keep stirring, until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and bring to room temperature.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt and then at the end, add the remaining gelatin.
- Fold the egg whites into the cooled custard and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spoon into dessert glasses.