These chops are an easy weekday dinner that highlights the autumn flavors. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and steamed cauliflower.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (top, 3/4-inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider (OR juice)
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce (whole-berry)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chops with pepper. Brown chops 2-3 minutes on each side in hot skillet. Add apple cider. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. Drain off juices.
- In a small bowl combine cranberry sauce, honey, orange juice concentrate, ginger and nutmeg. Pour over chops. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.