With fall comes not only colder weather, but also delicious dishes made with seasonal ingredients. This fall, why not try this dish for Autumn Chestnut Rice. This dish is perfect paired with your favorite hearty meat main entree. The smoked bacon and leeks are decadent in this dish. Be sure to have these ingredients on hand so you can cook up a mouthwatering meal for your family this week. Enjoy!
- long grain rice
- 3 leeks (small)
- 200 grams chestnuts
- 200 grams smoked bacon
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cook the long grain rice for 8 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Wash and slice the leeks.
- Cut the chestnuts into small pieces.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan.
- When the bacon has browned, add the leeks.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add chestnuts, then stir in the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper.