- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck (trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 2 strips bacon (cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips)
- canola oil
- 2 onions (medium, cut into 1/2-inch wedges)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 cups chicken broth (reuduced-sodium)
- 2 cups less sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (snipped, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound potatoes (cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 pound butternut squash (; peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 4 carrots (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced into 1/2-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley (chopped fresh)
|Calories230Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Harris 18 Nov 2018
Making it was as good as eating it. The aromas in the kitchen were wonderful.
Cat M. 12 Oct 2018
Didn’t have wine so I used maybe 1/3C sherry vinegar and some brown sugar, also didn’t have bay leaves so I did a wee pinch of basil and oregano (maybe 1/4 tsp each?) and a little extra thyme. Roasted a sugar pumpkin and threw that in at the end instead of butternut. Came out delicious! YUM! Would love to try this again with the right ingredients 😋
Michele C. 27 Sep 2018
It turned out great. l added mushrooms at the end and used a mirepoix and chunked carrots for extra veggies.
Khumo M. 3 Jul 2018
Very tasty but a little runny. So I had it as a soup.
Lesley L. 9 Jan 2018
I’ve made this a few times & it’s great! Added turnip because I had some and that was delicious too!
Roslyn M. 5 Jun 2016
So delicious! Will absolutely cook it again. Only problem I have is my pots are too small. I had to split it up into two pots. :)