Smoky ham and sweet apples are highlighted in this salad by goat cheese and walnuts.
- 6 ounces ham (cut into match-stick size strips)
- 15 ounces greens (spring mix)
- 3 gala apples (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (OR dried cranberries)
- 7 ounces walnuts (glazed, OR 1 1/2 cups toasted walnut pieces)
- 1/2 red onion (small, thinly sliced, halved and separated into pieces)
- 3/4 cup champagne (OR balsamic vinaigrette)
- 1/3 cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- Combine salad greens, apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts and onion in very large salad bowl. Pour vinaigrette over mixture; gently toss until lightly coated.
- Spoon salad mixture onto individual salad plates. Top with ham; sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve immediately.