- 2 tablespoons pork lard (or butter, lard is traditionally used and we strongly recommend it for the best flavor)
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (bone-in and skin-on, this is traditional and recommended because it creates the most flavor, but alternatively you can use boneless/skinless pieces of chicken)
- 2 yellow onions (medium, very finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 roma tomatoes (seeds removed and very finely diced)
- 4 tablespoons hungarian paprika (quality, genuine imported sweet)
- 2 cups chicken broth (Aneto 100% All-Natural, our most favorite chicken broth on the market)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
|Calories670Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ash Ritchie 13 Jan
This was delicious! I used butter instead of lard, however, and whatever I had around the house rather than the more specifically-branded or premium products. Also I used a small can of tomato sauce instead of the fresh tomatoes, and it still came out wonderfully. Definitely will be making it again!
Tania 17 Dec 2018
Very goo recipe. However, make sure to dilute the flour in some water so it’s not dry before you add it to the sauce in the end. Mine had small clumps that required me to keep stirring to get rid of. They got small but did not go away. The recipe doesn’t say this but I highly recommend doing that before adding this thickening agent.
Matija Kalan 18 Nov 2018
It was the most delicious paprikash in my life.