Try a thick, full-bodied, sugar coated cake from Australia. Immediately feel a homey sensation evoked by the cake’s rustic appearance and white sugar powdered snowy top. Packed into the dough are chunks of plumb that explode with deep flavors of sugar and tartness. The Light buttery crumble adds texture and compliments its already sharp essence. Plumbs are commonly considered a large part of the Holiday season, which makes this cake a winning Christmas time dessert for the whole family to appreciate.
- 21 grams bakers yeast
- 100 milliliters milk (warm)
- 155 grams granulated sugar
- 390 grams flour
- 1 eggs
- 150 grams butter
- 1 kilogram plums (damson)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40 grams almonds (sticks)
- In a large bowl, crumble the yeast, add the warm milk, and 12.5 grams of sugar. Stir and let rise for 15 minutes.
- In mixer bowl, pour 37.5 grams of sugar, 300 grams of flour, 1 egg, 75 grams of soft butter and the milk (with yeast). Knead the dough to get a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Flatten the dough with a rolling pin on a lightly floured work surface.
- Place the dough into the pan.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the damsons, remove the pits, and quarter them.
- Place them nicely on the dough.
- In a bowl mix 30 grams of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Sprinkle pie with almonds and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- In a small bowl cut 75 grams of cold butter into pieces, add 75 grams of sugar, 90 grams of flour, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Mix with your fingertips to obtain a crumbly consistency.
- Distribute on the pie and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle the edges with icing sugar once the cake is cold.
PER SERVING *
|Calories660Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.